Heatizon roof deicing systems, ice dam prevention products, and heat tracing cables using Tuff Cable, ZMesh, and GutterMelt help prevent snow and ice problems on roofs and ease the potential liabilities caused by snow and ice around eaves, drains, valleys, entire roof systems and any pathways where water or fluids have the potential to freeze.
Heatizon high performance low voltage systems are installed under the roof for longevity and reliability while our line voltage heat tracing cables are installed on top of roofs, in gutters and downspouts, and along pipes to preventive dams and snow buildup.
We recommend the heat you need:
Our products are customized to provide the right amount of heat for different applications and to melt snow and prevent ice dams effectively and efficiently. Our products have been vigorously tested by ETL for snow melting and roof deicing on roofs and we carry separate listings for our heated driveway/exterior surface snow melting systems and heated floor systems.
ZMesh and Tuff Cable are the only products authorized (UL 1588) to melt snow and ice installed under roofing materials, including metal roofing.
Select a Roof & Gutter application to learn more about how to prevent Ice Dams, Control Icicles and Snow Loads, and keep liquids flowing with our brand products below:
METAL ROOF DEICING
Tuff Cable in our patented heatsink kit or Invizimelt Panel solves ice dam and snow load problems for any metal roofing application.
- Tuff Cable in our patented Heat Sink Kit or Invizimelt Panel solves ice dam and snow load problems for any metal roofing system.
NON-METAL ROOF DEICING
ZMesh is installed under new or existing asphalt/shake/tile shingles, making it ideal roof deicing solution for new construction or remodeling.
- ZMesh is installed under new or existing asphalt/shake/tile shingles, making it ideal for new construction and remodeling.
HEAT TRACING CABLES
GutterMelt is a self regulating or mineral insulated heat trace or tape that prevents ice dams and keeps water flowing for gutters, pipes or on top of roofs.
- GutterMelt is a self regulating or a mineral insulated heat tape that keeps water flowing whether it be gutters or on roofs.
MEMBRANE ROOF DEICING
ZMesh and Tuff Cable are perfect hidden solutions to control snow loads and drainage while deicing on membrane roofs.
- ZMesh is installed under new or on top of existing membranes to alleviate snow loads.
- Tuff Cable in our patented Heat Sink Kit or Invizimelt Panel solves snow load issues on membrane roofs.
DECK DEICING SYSTEMS
Tuff Cable, Hott-Wire and ZMesh can be used for different deck deicing applications. We recommend the right system for your application.
- ZMesh is installed under new or existing non-conductive decking materials, making it ideal for new construction and remodeling.
- Tuff Cable in our patented Heat Sink Kit or Invizimelt Panel solves icing and snow removal for some decks.
- Hott-Wire embedded in various materials can clear deck spaces and keep snow and ice from accumulating.
ROOFTOP PEDESTAL PAVER SYSTEMS
Heatizon’s patented Pedestal Paver Heating system can provide a complete solution for snow melting on rooftop pedestal paver systems.
- Pedestal Paver Heating using Hott-Wire to clear walking spaces for leisure or critical access and can be used for new projects of retrofitting in existing projects.
Worry Free Reliability
The entire line of Heatizon roof deicing and ice dam prevention products are solid state, have no moving parts to wear out, and have nothing that requires routine maintenance. In addition, our quality roof heating elements are the longest lasting available and backed by our industry leading warranties. An automated on/off activation device makes the safety of and operation of our heated roof systems a “no brainer.”
Cost Effective to Save Energy
Our roof deicing and ice dam prevention systems are designed to operate only when necessary and can be programmed to turn on automatically only when needed. These activators use advanced temperature and moisture sensing technology making them efficient and effective while minimizing operating costs. Our Design Engineers will be able to estimate hourly rates for each system based on our years of operating data and current electrical rates.