2.1 Heatwave Specifications
|Cable Construction||Twin Conductor||Twin Conductor|
|Rated Voltage||120V, 240V||120V, 240V|
|Output||12W/ft2 (130W/m2) ± 10%||2.73 to 4.36W.ft (8.66 to 14.30W/m) ± 10%|
|Cable Spacing||3” (76.2mm)||2.5” to 4.5” (64.5mm to 114.3mm)|
|Cable Diameter||1/8” to 1/6” (3.2mm to 4.2mm)||1/8” to 1/6” (3.2mm to 4.2mm)|
|Outer Insulation||Fluoropolymer or TPE||Fluoropolymer or TPE|
|Max. Ambient Temp.||85°F (30°C)||85°F (30°C)|
|Min Installation Temp||40°F (5°C)||40°F (5°C)|
|Cold Lead||2-wire heating conductor plus ground braid; 15 ft (4.57 M)||2-wire heating conductor plus ground braid; 15 ft (4.57 M)|
2.2 Sample Thermostat Specifications
|Cable Construction||On/Off Control|
|Rated Voltage||120/240V ± 15%, 50/60 Hz|
|Cable Spacing||40° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)|
|Cable Diameter||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Conductor Insulation||2-wire, 10 foot lead wire|
2.3 Heatwave® typical installations and applications
Alternative method: self-leveling cement is recommended for large surfaces and the following floor materials: engineered wood, laminate, floating floors, vinyl, linoleum and carpet.
Consult the manufacturer for information on special installation requirements for carpets, wood, laminate and vinyl or linoleum flooring.
- Read the instructions carefully before installing Heatwave® system.
- Remember to measure the resistance four times.
- Do not install Heatwave® in walls or ceilings.
- The cable must be embedded in cementitious material.
- The minimum installation temperature is 40ºF (5°C ).
- The heating cable cannot be cut to length, crossed over itself, or installed too close to itself.
- Use copper conductor feeder wire only.
- Remember to check that the supply voltage matches the voltage of the Heatwave.
- Remember to place the labels as written in this instruction.
- Only for indoor installation.
- Metal structures or materials used for the support of or on which the Heatwave® is installed must be grounded in accordance with applicable CSA or NEC requirements.
Please consult Heatizon Systems for any other questions.