SnowMeltz® Specifications & Electrical Connections
|Cable Construction||Twin Conductor|
|Rated Voltage||120VAC to 600VAC|
|Output||12 watts/ft max.|
|Length||Refer to Individual Product Labels|
|Cable Diameter||0.24” to 0.35”|
|Cable Type||Constant Wattage|
|Outer Insulation||Cross-Linked XLPE|
|Protective Screen||Tinned Copper|
|Outer Jacket||Cross-Linked Halogen Free Fire Retardant|
Polyolefin with UV Protection
|Heating Endurance||-22°F(-30°C) to 194°F(90C)|
|Short Term Heating|
Endurance for Asphalt
|464°F(240°C) not to exceed 30 minutes|
|Standard Spacing||3” to 6”|
|Cap Thickness||2” to 4” max|
|Bending Radius||6D** (approx. 2”)|
|Thermal Resistance||464°F(240°C) – Do not to exceed 30 minutes|
120V and 277V
208V, 240V and 480V Connection
SnowMeltz® Labels on mat include the following information:
- Listing information
- Serial number
- Size of mat
- Allowable voltages for product
- Amps at selected voltage
- Ohms of cable
- Total Watts generated
- Number of conductors
- Watts per foot (at voltage)
It is important that heating cable be installed only by qualified persons who are familiar with the proper sizing, installation, construction and operation of snow melting systems and the hazards involved. Heating cable products are designed for in and under concrete, asphalt, and paver snow melt applications.
- Article 426 of the NEC requires ground fault protection for line voltage equipment embedded in a noncombustible medium. Check local building codes and regulations for ground fault protection device (i.e. GFCI, GFEP, etc. ) requirements when installing all heating cable products.
- Do not bend heating cable within 3” of a termination or connection between the heating element and the cold lead. Heating cables cannot cross or touch one another.
- Article 426 of the NEC limits embedded deicing and snow melting equipment to a maximum of 1300 watts/m² (120 watts/ft²) of heated area.
- Store the heating cable in a dry place up to the resistance temperature of the jacket 194°F (90°C).
- Minimum installation temperature is 23°F (-5°C)
- Read the instructions carefully before installing SnowMeltz® system.
- Remember to measure the resistance four times.
- The heating cable cannot be cut to length, crossed over itself, or installed too close to itself.
- Remember to check that the supply voltage matches the voltage of the SnowMeltz® system.
- Remember to place the labels as written in this instruction.
- Only for outdoor installation, not for roofs.
Please consult Heatizon Systems for any other questions.